Friday, July 30, 2010

Introduction - in transit

My first post comes to you from the Detroit airport. I have a 3- hour lay over before my flight to Seoul. I connect to Osaka from there. I finnally arrive in Osaka at 9 PM local time. Thankfully there is nothing on my schedule until Monday morning when I join representatives of the other countries that make-up the International Handbell Committee for our bi-annual meeting. More on that later.

I plan to spend much of my 13.5 hour flight from Detroit to Osaka reviewing the stack of documents and proposals that are on the agenda for that meeting - all from my Kindle (one of the cool things about Kindle is the ability to load personal documents as pdfs). I will also be reviewing the massed ringing music and rehearsal notes from the conductors.

As this journey continues I will share details of the event and sites of Japan, post photos and video, and answer questions from you. So let me know what you want hear about by commenting on this and subsequent posts. I promise future postings will be more interesting than this one!

1 comment:

  1. Where will you be staying in Osaka?

    Do make sure you take some time to tour the Castle, and you'll want to see it at night, too, from a distance; it's so spectacularly lit.

    You might also want to see the Aquarium (they have TWO whale sharks) and the Ferris Wheel and the waterfront.

    Also nice are boat tours along the river that runs through Osaka, akin to the "Bateau Bus" tours along the Seine in Paris.

    I wish I was going! :-)

    ReplyDelete